21yr old's thoughts on Life and everything in it. Interesting facts about me:
About Me The New Me
Ask me anything
I work as a Registered nurse in a rural hospital.
I am a quirky, shy person
I love creative arts, but cant draw.
God is my First Love and always will be :)
Im not sure how much i have said over the last couple of weeks, I have been pretty silent on here recently but i thought I might give you an update of where I am upto.
The job that I applied for on the coast I havnt heard back from at all so I have gotten to the point that i have put it out of my mind with the stamp of I didnt even get a look in and thats ok there must be something else out there for me.
which brings me to my next announcement. I have decided that I am going to try and get my nursing registration for the UK so i can go over at the end of the year and work. I am not sure whether this will be possible as there are a lot of things that have to happen first but I feel like i need an adventure and I have always wanted to go over there so why not work as well?
I know that its going to do my head in over the next couple of months wondering whether i have made the right decision whether I will be able to get my registration or whether I will be able to hack it. even whether i will like it but my theory is if its not meant to happen then there will be resistance along the way. like if i dont pass the english test that i have to do to even apply for registration. I will write more in a little while but I spose this was just to say SUPRISE!!! Im moving to the UK :P
- Woman 1: Do you think he's "the one," Lauren?
- Me: How am I to know that?
- Woman 2: Do you want him to be "the one?"
- Me: Of course I do. I'd be wasting our time if I didn't.
- Woman 1: Just remember that if he's going to be the one, you have to consider more than how you currently feel.
- Woman 2: Exactly. You have to consider what it will be like when marriage is less exciting after the initial newly-wed high.
- Me: Okay, like what?
- Woman 1: Even when you find yourself less attracted to him, at the end of the day, do you still think he is overall a good man--because that matters.
- Woman 2: Yep. It's the simple things that you think are obvious. But they're not. They're important. For instance, is he a man of integrity? What do his friends think about him? Does he take care of you? Is he going to be faithful? You don't know everything--you can't, but what do you see him making patterns of in his behavior.
- Woman 1: It's the basics that carry you through hard times, lonely weeks, and stale months. It's trusting each other to be steadfast. It's the basics that make you able to choose marriage on the days you wish you could walk away quietly.
- Me: What made you stay when you wanted to leave the most--whenever that was?
- Woman 2: Marriage is not the pursuit of happiness. It is a covenant that daily chooses to love through self-denial. And sometimes that's easier than other days. But you have to make that choice. That is one decision that will always pay off and not be regretted.
- Woman 1: You must live covenant minded--not emotion driven, but God enabled.